DIY: Remodeling a 70s jewelry box

Hello, everyone! So sorry I have been away! I started college for the first time this week. I am going into Business Administration so I can open up a vintage boutique one day. I have been so busy already, but I haven't forgot about the blog. Recently I discovered a thrift shop close to home and while I was shopping, I noticed this old, jewelry box. I have been redoing my room and all of my things have been moved around. I eventually ran out of places to put my jewelry. The box was almost perfect, but it was brown and the fabric inside the drawers was old and stained. I didn't buy it at first because of its condition. Later, I kept thinking about what I could do to make the box look better. I decided I could paint it. I also wanted to redo the inside of the drawers by replacing the stained, yellow fabric with floral scrapbook paper by using Modge Podge. I bought it the next day for $5! My mom thought it was from the 70s (typical of me to pick out something from the 70s, since I love that era so much). After a few painting sessions (I used all-purpose acrylic paint from a local craft store) and a little Modge Podge, it goes to show that a little TLC goes a long way.

 







Pin It

Comments

  1. That is gorgeous! Where did you get your large brown jewelry box? I really want to do the same thing but haven't found that right box yet...did you get your small white jewelry box in the second picture at a vintage store too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I am so sorry that I am replying back so late. I bought the large brown jewelry box from a thrift store. If I were you, I would go on Etsy or Ebay and look for some. I believe the one I have is from the 70s. I also bought the small white jewelry box from the same thrift store as well. Thank you for reading my blog! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hello! I am sorry for replying back late. I apologize for not listing the kind of paint I used in the project. How silly of me! I used all-purpose acrylic paint that I bought at a local craft store. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts